Friday 8 July 2011

2 :4 Look What I Found, Leandro Erlich & His Pool!

- You know when you are trawling the internet, and you happen across something amazing, and you just want to tell someone about it?, but, chances are, you are sat, on your own smiling a little smile to yourself about how awesome said thing is.

-Well I'm going to show you my stumblings!

- I recently discovered a project by Leandro Erlich . (He's from Argentina - 'nuff said)

max500_pool2
Pictures can be found here
Leandro Erlich 1999

- The idea is that he creates the illusion of a real swimming pool, with all the fixtures, but then there appear to be people under the water, where secretly they are in the basement. . . blows my mind!

- I just love the whole concept of this. . . imagine you're viewing a house
"oh look it has a pool" - *trots outside*
"what the heck?!"

- It would be class! . . and I still have the mental capacity of a 12 year old! ah well, simple things ey?!

- The whole construction is pretty seamless, and that's what makes it so awesome. Having said that. I'm a swimmer at heart, I'd take a real pool over this anyday!

- Definitely check out some of his other projects on his website. I won't get into an argument on "what is art" because whilst I don't believe this is traditional art, I think it's something fun to look at.

- Any ho-down, I hope you enjoyed as much as I did, If you ever have anything crazy-random that you discover on the internet, share it with me! Always interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, heeyyyy!
go on . . leave a comment. . you know you want to! (and I want you to really!)