Sunday 24 July 2011

2 :21 M&M Blondies (i.e. The Colourful-est Cake Ever!)

- THIS is what happens when I get left to my own devices!


MnM blondies 1MnM blondies 2



- Not that anyone really complained!

- I found the reicpe here, and her beautiful photography made me want to attempt! So after a morning of spring (or should that be summer?) cleaning my sister and I knocked these up.

-We made a few alterations to the recipe, but it is basically the same as the original, we reduced the amount of m&m's mainly because we couldn't be bothered to go buy more, but I think it was definitely enough, not sure I would have wanted any more in.

-We also have a fan oven, so we reduced the cooking time to 20 minutes.

1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups self raising flour
2 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 6oz bag of M&M's (with a few reserved for the top)


-We cut them a lot smaller than the originals and boy am I glad we did, they get a little sickly, but they are amazing all the same! A once in a while treat!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, heeyyyy!
go on . . leave a comment. . you know you want to! (and I want you to really!)