Saturday 16 July 2011

2 :12 La Evolución Silenciosa, Isla Mujeres, Mexico.

Silent-evolution-Jason-sculpture01


Silent-evolution-Jason-sculpture30

Silent-evolution-Jason-sculpture58
-All pictures can be found here

- These spooky images are part of La Evolución Silenciosa on the Isla Mujeres, Mexico. At a depth  of 9 metres they are creating an artificial reef for wildlife to inhabit.

-They are created by artist Jason deCaires Taylor. Taylor was born to an English father and a Guyanese mother. He spent time during his childhood in Malaysia and worked as a SCUBA instructor (hmmm I see a pattern here, clearly SCUBA artists are my new obsession!!)

- Personally, if these were my sculptures, I'd want them at just the right height, so when the tide went out they would emerge slowly from the sea! All creepy Pirates of the Caribbean stylee! I know that defeats the object of creating a reef, but it would still be awesome!

- Speaking of Pirates of the Caribbean, I LOVE Penelope Cruz, she's freaking gorgeous, definitely my celebrity crush. One of my favourite films is Volver. Seen it? No? Go watch!! (Yohanna Cobo, yeaaa, you'll have to make your own mind up on her, can't decide if she's freaking annoying or brilliant, I love her regardless though!)


signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, heeyyyy!
go on . . leave a comment. . you know you want to! (and I want you to really!)